/// /// Who is the most popular Black models

Main menu

Pages

Who is the most popular Black models

Who is the most popular Black modelsPerhaps the most famous black supermodels, Naomi Campbell was officially spotted at the age of 15 while shopping in London, despite appearing in a music video for Bob Marley as a child. After her unveiling, she became a popular supermodels in the late 1980s and 1990s, and is still a major figure in the industry today.


Who is the most popular Black models


Black models who broke into the fashion world. The most popular black models?

The first decade of the 21st century has seen the fashion industry embrace diversity more than ever - in fact, 47% of models at last New York Fashion Week were identified as people of color.


But with more available, there are black models working every day to change the industry for the better, including Gillian Mercado, Winnie Harlow and Precious Lee.


As New York Fashion Week kicks off, here are some of the best black models - some established models and some up-and-coming models - in the industry today.


Winnie Harlow is one of the most popular and recognizable models in the industry.

Harlow's career on "America's Next Top Models" began in 2014. After she was fired, she began working professionally in the industry, appearing in several magazines, including Glamor, Cosmopolitan, and Ebony. The models also appeared on the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in 2018.

She is also famous for being honest about her skin condition, Vitiligo.


Who is the most popular Black models


"We must continue to educate people," Harlow wrote in Glamor. "When the evening newspaper showed me a picture with a caption describing me as having Vitiligo, it tore me apart. A word next to my name. It's something I see often, so I felt I had to say something. Just because you see a human being no matter what, even a pimple, I can't say it's Suffer. So rude. If someone calls me injured, it detracts from everything else - I'm 100 percent better at everything I do."


Linaysi Montero is known for her natural afro hair in the fashion world.

Montero was discovered in a park in the Dominican Republic, and soon she was signed with a modeling agency. She made her debut on the Prada Show, and her career has continued from there. She's worked with Alexander Wang, Versace, and Miu Miu, all while wearing her Afro brand.


"I didn't expect this effect. I'm just Lindsay Montero, a little girl from Santo Domingo," Montero told i-D. "My hair has never been a question - it has always been natural. I haven't done anything special except walking in shows. Now I see it as something important to the fashion industry so I'm proud of it. If I change the way I think about working for models like me, I'll be very happy."


Who is the most popular Black models



Who is the most popular Black models, The world of fashion is slowly becoming more diverse, and models like Winnie Harlow, Jourdan Dunn and Slick Woods are changing the industry for the better.

There are also male models changing the industry, such as Broderick Hunter and Adonis Bosso.


Comments